Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Love Dress-Up (or, This Is How You MacGyver a Bustle)

So last evening, many of our author crew attended the Dances of Vice 1700's meets the 70's party at the inimitable Montauk Club as seen here.










A big thank you to my fine photographic sources the Rebels, Marianne Mancusi (and often guest photographer Jacob) and Liz Maverick











I tried my hybrid best between 1700's and 70's.
But somehow everything I do is a little Victorian.
I can't help it. It's who I am, and what I do.
The purple velvet pants and the Lennon glasses were my 70's nod. However those glasses are strikingly like the ones Gary Oldman wore as Dracula. Back to Victorian. I can't escape from the love-affair.






Note: MacGyvered Bustle, created by a simple length of Tulle clumped together and threaded through the back bottom lace of my corset just so to affect the bustling layer over the longer length of the train. Genius.







People were serious about costumes. That's what I love about these Dances of Vice events, they are to-the-nines on costumes, and the beautiful venue maximized the effect.












We take costuming seriously too.
(Hope Tarr, me, Elizabeth K. Mahon, Jacob)
And we seriously discuss costuming.












No. Seriously.















I mean, DEAD serious...














Of course not even my feathered up-do could distract from the dauntingly brilliant Alisa Kwitney




































(L to R, Hope Tarr, me, Alisa Kwitney, Marianne Mancusi (sometimes she's blonde!), Megan Frampton, Elizabeth K. Mahon, Liz Maverick)

Much, much dress-up-licious fun. And I'm sure we'll do it again, whenever the Dress-up Lords call their minions forth. We'll be there.

5 comments:

KT Grant said...

Looks like you had fun! :D

Hope Tarr said...

You can MacGyver a bustle with the best of them, Leanna. And I agree--delicious fun. I can't wait to do it again.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Awesome photos my dear. Let's do New Years!

Megan Frampton said...

You are so darn animated. Love that.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, girl. Excellent pictures.

Okay, next time in the NYC, I am so hooking up with you for at least one fun night. ;-)