Name: Jonathon Whitby, Lord Denbury
Place of Birth: London
Hair: Shoulder-length, wavy, black
Height: 5ft 10"
Eyes: Bright blue or black, depending on which Denbury you're looking at...
Birthday / Zodiac Sign: August 19th, 1862 / Leo
Occupation / Hobby: Lord. And Doctor.
Hero of: Darker Still: A Novel of Magic Most Foul and the Magic Most Foul saga
Here played by actor Ben Barnes.
( photo source )
I always cast my heroes and so I cast actor Ben Barnes as Lord Denbury from the very start, but no picture so accurately portrays him as my Denbury as this one does. *swoon*.
And so I bring you, ladies and gentlemen, a new word for your vocabulary: "Denburylicious".
(Read the first 30 pages of DARKER STILL: A Novel of Magic Most Foul )
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
The Nightstand: Darker Still: A Novel of Magic Most Foul ARC Giveaway...: Hello friends! Visit The Nightstand for a chance to win one Advanced Reader Copy of DARKER STILL: A Novel of Magic Most Foul!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
So, alongside an enormous contingent of The Group That Shall Not Be Named, we journeyed forth unto the movie theatre to commune with our beloved witches and wizards one last time.
(And several of us ended up in the New York Times)
- I default easily, comfortably and rather joyfully to Narcissa Malfoy when dressing for such events.
- I am a Slytherin in ambition, love of spooky things, love for head of house and utterly Slytherin in my fashion.
- I am a Ravenclaw in my politics/social issues. (Sort of a Slytherclaw; I'd be like Luna's black-sheep cousin who would say the same odd stuff she says, only way creepier).
- I am rather enamoured with Severus Snape. (Understatement of century.)
I was utterly taken in and wholly overwhelmed by this film, and also by confronting the fact that I must soon write the final book in my own fantasy series. When moved and overwhelmed I take solace in lists. So. I have seven things to say, because seven is a magical number in every way and if I don't limit myself here, I might just babble on for ages. But I have my own books to write and deadlines stare me dead in the eye. So...
1. Thank you, Ms. Rowling. You are my hero.
2. If a packed-to-the-gills theatre can be reduced to shrieks or sobs just by showing the beloved face of someone we know is about to die in the maddening parade of death that is the Deathly Hallows, something special has occurred that their very images are so real to us that we cannot bear to see them go.
3. F YEAH, Neville!
4. "I've always wanted to use that spell." ... Kick-ass.
5. Dear God. The Prince's Tale keeps scrolling through my mind, over and over again in an aching, heart-wrenching loop.
6. OMG with the weeping. So. Much. Weeping.
*swoon* *die* *sob* *swoon* *sob* *adoration*
I will Always adore you, Harry, and everyone in your world.
Thank you, J.K.
Forever and Always.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
The first 30 pages of DARKER STILL: A NOVEL OF MAGIC MOST FOUL are up on the website!