Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Congratulations Memphis, The Big Idea and stuff...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MUSICAL "MEMPHIS"! Memphis took home not only BEST MUSICAL in the 2010 Tony Awards but Best Original Score and Best Book of a Musical! Why is this so particularly exciting to me? (Well, besides the fact its a great show and deserved the awards) Kenny Seymour, Memphis' musical director, is writing the music for the musical adaptation of The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker! It's really exciting to have Tony Awards backing up our production team!!
-
Today I am a guest at the most fabulous of fabulous: John Scalzi's WHATEVER where I'm talking THE BIG IDEA. "Oh, Gothic Novel, why I can't quit you, (and why I write you)" - come stop by and have fun with me.
-

Hey guess what? A MIDWINTER FANTASY, which includes "A Christmas Carroll" (Strangely Beautiful #2.5), is up for PREORDER so I'm running a CONTEST via the Strangely Beautiful Facebook page for a HARDCOVER copy of The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker. Scroll down the Facebook page or if you're not on Facebook, you can enter via the contest page of my website. Stay tuned because within the next week I'll be posting an excerpt of "A Christmas Carroll"
-
Very excited that the Australian eZine THE SPECUSPHERE has rave reviews for both Strangely Beautiful books! Thanks!!!
The SPECUSPHERE reviews: The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker The SPECUSPHERE reviews: The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker
-
The audio book of The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker is being serialized, FREE at The Audio Bookshop! Come download it and check out all the cool downloads and other free fiction!
-
Light the Darkness!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

When you are going to take that trip Down Under to see all your fans? And when you do, can I be your assistant, carry your luggage?

Laurence MacNaughton said...

Really loved your guest blog on WHATEVER. Now, I must immediately run out and read The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker.

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

Elizabeth,

Great question!! When someone over there can get me airfare? :) And maybe can foot the bill for my 'assistant'... :)

Laurence,

That makes my day! I really had fun with the guest blog, almost as much fun as I have writing the books! I really appreciate you stopping by to comment and to share your kind words, and thanks for your interest!