Saturday, September 17, 2016

Catching up: Interviews, Convention Recap and More!

Hello Dear Readers!

Goodness it’s been a whirlwind 6 weeks!
Beginning with an incredible final Authors After Dark in Savannah at the beginning of August, I went directly on to launch Eterna and Omega in my Cincinnati hometown, I then continued on a convention spree!
Next up I was a returning featured TempleCon guest in Rhode Island, a perennial favorite, where I presided over the High Tea and was asked to emcee the beautiful fashion show in addition to signing lots of books to a fantastic group of readers.

The next day, I went directly out to Chicago and then on to Milwaukee for a Boswell Books event with one of my favorite authors and a dear friend, Mary Robinette Kowal, who was presenting one of my favorite books of all time, her brilliant Ghost Talkers. Also joining us was Ada Palmer, whose incredible Too Like the Lightning really stunned us with its clever conceit and rich prose.

Here we are in period costumes appropriate to our work!
 
Then came the ever jaw-dropping DragonCon, where I was on a record 12 panels across the host venues! Many of these panels featured some of the most passionate and insightful commentary and questions I’ve encountered in all my years, I’m so blessed to be able to connect with such incredible fellow authors, track directors and the best fans in the whole wide world. Love y'all. Entirely selling out of books is a great feeling!
Leanna's on-site interview with GW Pomichter ⭐️ #spacecoastcomiccon #hangingwith #florida #eternafiles
Alethea Kontis captures me mid-interview
Then... southward bound with my beloved Alethea Kontis, the princess herself, to join Space Coast ComicCon in Florida, where the staff and fans are fantastic. I was approached to do a fun "Hangin’With" video interview with Garret Pomichter, found here, and had a lovely time.

In the midst of the convention run, because I'm always working, I also happened to be on a killer deadline for a very different and unique new project I’ll be able to announce later this month. I managed to turn that challenging project in, along with a few short stories and confirmations about another few anthologies I’m honored to be featured in, can't wait to announce those as well.

If you missed my epic Twitter rants about the ending of Penny Dreadful or missed my Facebook link to this post, I wrote a very important essay on Feminism and the Gothic that the fine folks at Fantasy Café asked me for. I put a lot of heart and soul into this one.

And because I just can't miss an opportunity to share my excitement about the latest books, I was interviewed for two podcasts of recent note and relevant interests:
And I was also able to join Jason Henderson on his Castle of Horror podcast for another lively discussion on Gothic Victorian settings and explaining just what, exactly, is Gaslamp Fantasy.

AND the wonderful Kevin Steil, the Airship Ambassador himself, is featuring me in an incredible multi-post interview! Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, more to come.
If you’ve missed me at any of my recent events, signed copies of ETERNA AND OMEGA can be found at the following locations:
Barnes and Noble, Streets of West Chester store, Cincinnati, Ohio
Barnes and Noble Union Square, NYC
Barnes and Noble 5th Avenue, NYC
Morris Jumel Mansion, NYC
Barnes and Noble Oglethorpe, Savannah, GA
Boswell Books, Milwaukee, WI
And signed, personalized books can always be ordered through my page at WORD Bookstore in NYC!
Or via my Etsy store!

Cheers, blessings, stay tuned for my “Hold On to the Light” post thanks to author Gail Z. Martin during Mental Health Awareness month.
Again, please, if you enjoy my work, please consider leaving an Amazon review and telling your friends about them! If enough people do, it helps ensure my series books will have future installments. As always,

Happy Haunting!

Leanna

No comments: