Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Work and Play... And Ween...

Work:
Upon my return to NYC I have thrown myself back into work, not only on the next developments in the Strangely Beautiful series, (I'm having a wonderful time writing and wish there were more hours in the day) but also work in the studio and on film and television sets. Where hours are wierd and reality is more than a little bit off kilter.

Which means I've been drinking way too much coffee. *twitch*




Perhaps the coolest experience recently was today on the set of The Adjustment Bureau, where Matt Damon was a consummate gentleman. He was kind, funny, clever, professional, talented, hot, etc. Seriously, what a cool guy and what a gorgeous day on the Fulton Ferry landing, below Roebling's awe-inspiring Brooklyn Bridge, the landing surrounded by the immortal words of New York's own Walt Whitman. Particular highlight of the day occurred when Obama's helicopters flew over the Bridge. Wasn't planned for the political rally scene we were dealing with in the film, but provided a fitting and exciting pause.



Strangely Beautiful is featured by award winning author of Rowan of the Wood, Christine Rose! Hosted in one of her cool "Stumble into the Otherworld" pieces, my interview is up on Book Addict at PopSyndicate!


I was also hosted in style by The Lady Novelist, Leslie Carroll, consummate hostess, in a lovely interview on her even lovelier site.

Random Review Roundup:
(I'm sure I've missed a few along the way, since the maelstrom of the release date I've only been able to gather them if they're brought to my attention.) Lovely words found here:
Romance Reviews Today
Passionate Booklover
Angieville

Events:

HEY NEW JERSEY! I'll be signing The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker on Saturday at the New Jersey Romance Writers - Put Your Heart In a Book Conference! Saturday the 24th at 4pm! Stop by! (Details)

Play:

Saw the film Zombieland. T'was fun. My specific thoughts are over on Popculturedivas.

I don't know about you, but I'm gearing up for the best day ever, my favourite day of all the year: That greatest of Ween - HALLOWEEN!

It's October. You know what that means. Halloween Awareness Month. Figure out for yourself how you can keep Halloween in your heart throughout the year. I do.

I shall attend a Victorian ball dressed as Miss Percy Parker, ghost-white, eerie contacts and all, and my love has graciously agreed to dress as Alexi (I even bought him a gorgeous frock coat that's almost identical to a coat I'd written about). Thrill!

Now off to buy tickets for my Halloween staple: The Great Jack o' Lantern Blaze!!!













Back to work! Let's make sure we shake it up with a little play too, shall we?

4 comments:

Hanna said...

You must post pictures of Miss Percy Parker and Prefessor Alexi Rychman after your Victorian Ball!! :D

Hanna said...

Dear Leanna Renee Hieber,

I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing an interview via email (or blog spot) for my school newspaper. I'm the New's Editor and this issue I wanted to do an article on inspiring people and you definitely made my list! If you'd like to and would be able to do this, please let me know by next Thursday (November 12, 2009). Your interview could be featured in one of the next 3 issues to be released! And if you choose to do this, I could personally send you a copy of the newspaper, Time for Teens, if you wanted one.

Please and thank you in advance!

With eternal love and blessings,
Hanna

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

Hello, Hanna my dear!

I'll be delighted to be a part of your interview!

Drop me an email at leannareneehieber@yahoo.com and we'll go from there, thanks for asking. It's an honour to be on an inspiring list! (And I'll certainly want a copy of your work, thanks!)

Blessings!

Hanna said...

Leanna,

Thank you so, so much! I will contact you sometime after next Thursday, I'm thinking. I have to check back with the other Editor-in-Chief, so I will contact you soon!

Thanks again, and of course you made my list! ;)

With eternal love and blessings,
Hanna