Thursday, April 14, 2011

Announcing: DARKER STILL, a Novel of Magic Most Foul

So I've known for a while that while the title of the Magic Most Foul series would remain just that, the title of the first book in the series would change. Myself, my fabulous editor, and the fabulous Sourcebooks team, went rounds and rounds. We went back and forth all over long titles, one word titles, debated, looked over lots and lots of Edgar Allan Poe, even put up some options on the Fire site for a vote, still, nothing quite struck the whole team as something that worked. The goal has been to find a title that's extremely accessible and yet unique, a very difficult thing to pinpoint. And as the team has been exceedingly supportive of me and this series, they really wanted something everyone could get behind, from editorial to marketing to buyers, everyone. I got into the habit of randomly sending Leah emails whenever I got an idea (she got used to the random email with a time signature of 3am - that's how I roll). And finally one of my ideas seemed to stick and stick across the company, and for the buyers as well...
--

DARKER STILL, a novel of Magic Most Foul

Hitting stores 11/8/11 - and we've a beautiful new cover in the works that I can't wait to share!

-- You'll hear much, much more about this Gothic Victorian YA saga set in an 1880 New York City full of black magic, nightmares, and impossible love across a torn existence... Excitement! I'll be starting to blog about Historic New York this year, one of my favourite subjects, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

houndstooth said...

Well that is pretty exciting news! Congrats on settling on a title and the upcoming release. It sounds like it's moving forward at a great pace!

Unknown said...

YAy! sounds awesome! I cant wait L!

Unknown said...

Congrats on finding the perfect title Leanna, it sounds intriguing and so mysterious, love it! And of course can't wait to hear more about it!! :-)