Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"At Will" To be featured in WILFUL IMPROPRIETY: 13 Tales of Society and Scandal!

Anthology Announcement! I'm SO EXCITED to be included in this collection!

Reposted from EKATERINA SEDIA's Blog:

"I am extremely pleased to announce the project that’s been under wraps so far: I am editing an anthology for Constable&Robinson, WILFUL IMPROPRIETY: 13 Tales of Society and Scandal (to be published in the US by Running Press). I will post the cover as soon as it is available, but for now, enjoy the ToC:


Introduction by Ekaterina Sedia

THE DANCING MASTER by Genevieve Valentine

THE UNLADYLIKE EDUCATION OF AGATHA TREMAIN by Stephanie Burgis

AT WILL by Leanna Renee Hieber

STEEPED IN DEBT TO THE CHIMNEY POTS by Steve Berman

OUTSIDE THE ABSOLUTE by Seth Cadin

RESURRECTION by Tiffany Trent

MRS BEETON’S BOOK OF MAGICKAL MANAGEMENT by Karen Healey

THE GARDEN OF ENGLAND by Sandra McDonald

FALSE COLOURS by Marie Brennan

NUSSBAUM’S GOLDEN FORTUNE by M. K. Hobson

THE COLONEL’S DAUGHTER by Barbara Roden

MERCURY RETROGRADE by Mary Robinette Kowal

THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS by Caroline Stevermer

I am really pleased about this one, even though YA is not something I do a lot of. But here’s an excerpt from my intro anyway!  “Recently we saw a great rise in both Victorian and Young
Adult categories of fiction, and to me these two go hand inhand. If being a teenager is about disobedience, the notion of Victoriana (at least the way it is perceived by a modern reader)
is often centered around propriety and convention, rigid social structures, and impermeable class, race and gender barriers. Yet, where there is convention, there is also defiance, and the opposite side of this Victorian coin is the realization that as long as there are barriers and conventions, there will be those who will rise up against them.”"

(End of Ekaterina's post)

SO THRILLED! As soon as we've a cover and release details in UK / US I'll post it all. I'm in such wonderful company!

And so excited to see my authorial niche being featured in such a way!

"At Will" features a talented teenage Shakespearean actress who gets caught up in a gender experiment of epic proportions on the Victorian London stage...

More to come! I've another anthology announcement I hope to share soon!

1 comment:

KT Grant said...

Wonderful! ;)

Next time we go out, I'm buying in your honor.