Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lady Jane's August and STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL PARTY PREVIEW!

Lady Jane's Salon continues to be the place to be.

There are respective run-downs of our August showdown on Hope Tarr's blog, and Maya did a recap on the Lady Jane's website. A huge thank you to Biz Urban Photography for the awesome photos of the night.


Here's our delightful, hometown gal Anna DePalo reading a spicy tidbit from The Billionaire in Penthouse B


The kind, dashing and utterly charming Johnny Diaz read from Beantown Cubans:













Here's Delilah Marvelle being one of my favourite people in the world. In addition to being super talented she's some sort of long lost sister to me. Oh, and just that day she landed a 3 BOOK HQN deal. Hot. Her powerhouse agent Donald Maass was there too, which made us all feel as awesome as Delilah looked. (I approve of costumes on all occasions).

















(And look! My sweetie was there too!)

AND NOW... *drumroll please* -- SEPTEMBER 7TH! At long last!




The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker will have come out into the world on August 25th (when I hope you'll buy it) and she will be having a party about it (where you'll come celebrate it and buy it again *grin*).

I will be reading two delectable scenes from the book in full 1880's Victorian regalia.


My best bud and uber-talent Isabo Kelly will be reading from one of her recent Fantasy titles.
We will be signing books.

Alex at the bar has made me a drink special! Be sure to order the Strangely Beautiful! It is blue, tastes tangy and yummy, and it will only be $5.00

I will be thanking the many people who made my dream come true possible after 9 long years of trying. We will party.

I will be raffling off a gorgeous sterling silver Phoenix pendant - something symbolic and critical to the plot of Strangely Beautiful - and all of the proceeds will go to Share The Love, a huge reason as to why Lady Jane's exists in the first place.

Did I mention I'm going to be in full, authentic 1880's regalia? I mean, you don't want to miss me reading my favourite scene I've ever written, while wearing midnight-blue taffeta.

Same time, same deal: Doors at 7pm, bring your $5.oo or your gently used book - Readings 7:30 - 9pm, celebration continues after
Same place: Madame X

No comments: